EXPLORE AQUINAS & MORE
Learn more about the Catholic faith...
From the blog:
- What is Septuagesima Sunday? February 17, 2019Before the calendar was revised to create Ordinary Time, the Sundays leading up to Lent had much more interesting names than "The Seventh Sunday of Ordinary Time."
- Love endures all things . . and never fails. St. Valentine’s Day is February 14. February 14, 2019St. Valentine's Day is February 14th. Do you know the story behind this holiday?
- What Should I do for Lent? February 12, 2019“Are you ready for Lent?” It’s one of those questions you don’t quite know how to answer. Of course, sometimes people aren’t really looking for an answer—just an opportunity to tell you about their own superhuman Lent. Be ready to look on in admiration as you hear all about the bread & water regimen they’re […]
- Taking a Pilgrimage with Our Lady of Lourdes February 11, 2019February 11 is the anniversary of the first appearance of the Blessed Virgin Mary at Lourdes, France in 1858. The first of eighteen times Our Lady would appear to the young French girl, Bernadette Soubirous, over the next several weeks. To this day, people from all over world come to Lourdes to bathe in its […]
- Lent Is Coming. Is Your Parish Ready? February 7, 2019Just for a minute, stop thinking about what you’re giving up on for Lent. Let’s about everything you should be STOCKING UP on.
- Saint Blaise and throat blessing February 3, 2019If there’s one thing we Catholics are good at, it’s blessing things. You name it and we’ll probably bless it. We even have a whole day dedicated to the blessing of throats—the Feast of Saint Blaise, patron saint of throat illnesses.