Divine Mercy Sunday
EXPLORE AQUINAS & MORE
Learn more about the Catholic faith...
From the blog:
- Saint Rita, patroness of difficult marriagesAt an early age, Rita of Cascia begged her parents to allow her to enter a convent. However, her parents instead arranged a marriage for her when she was only twelve years old...
- Saint Isidore, Patron of FarmersSt. Isidore was born in about 1070 to a poor, but devout family. At a very young age, Isidore hired himself out as a farmer to a wealthy Madrilenian landowner named Juan de Vargas.
- Monthly Catholic Devotions of the Church YearEach month of the year is dedicated to a particular devotion within the Catholic faith; the dedication of each month is based on historical events or a particular aspect of the liturgical calendar, or a combination of the two. These monthly Catholic devotions do not line up exactly with the time frame of the liturgical […]
- The Feast of Saint Joseph the WorkerWhile not much is said of Joseph in the bible, there is still much we can learn from this incredible saint.
- Living the Easter Season with Your FamilySo often our world seems to cut our joyous holidays short or misunderstand the meaning of the season. During Advent, stores and commercials build up the holiday hype of Christmas, but the day after Christmas everything is marked down and pushed away. Meanwhile, Catholics spend Advent preparing, with eager anticipation, for Christ’s birth on Christmas. […]
- What is the Divine Mercy?On February 22nd, 1931 Jesus appeared to a young Polish nun. He was dressed in a white garment and had one hand raised in blessing and the other at His breast. From His chest flowed rays, one in red and the others in light shades. He asked Sr. Faustina to reproduce the image of Him […]