Close to the Land, Close to God
A pioneer bishop of the American West once noted: “There is something almost sacramental about the life of the rural family.” Back when many of our grandparents and great-grandparents still worked on farms and ranches, an association now called Catholic Rural Life published The Rural Life Prayerbook (1956) to provide them spiritual support.
TAN Books now offers a new edition, with the original illustrations, of this charming collection of traditional prayers and blessings, especially for those who live close to the land--not just rural farmers and ranchers, but also those in the cities and suburbs who labor lovingly in gardens and greenhouses, or in caring for animals.
Here you’ll find:
• Prayers for planting time, harvest, and rain
• Prayers for protection from fires, floods, and destructive pests
• Blessings for gardens, fields, pastures, wood lots, orchards, and vineyards
• Blessings for animals, barns, stables, mills, wells, and vehicles
• Blessings for foods, feed, seed, flowers, and wine
• Devotions in honor of St. Isidore the Farmer and St. Joseph the Worker
And much, much more.
Beautifully bound, The Rural Life Prayerbook is a devotional gem that makes a perfect gift for every lover of growing things.
Features: Gold embossed cover, Green & Red ribbons, Printed end sheets, Original illustrations, Red edged pages, Flexible Hardcover
9 Facts About the Sacred Heart 10/14/2013
Promises of Devotion to the Sacred Heart 10/14/2013
Daily Prayers for Christmastide 12/28/2012
September is the Month of Our Lady of Sorrows 09/01/2012
History of the Sacred Heart Devotion 06/10/2012
Prayer to the Sorrowful Mother 09/10/2010
The Dormition Fast in the Eastern Churches 07/31/2009
Prayer to St. Mary Magdalene by St. Anselm 07/20/2009
The Message of Divine Mercy 03/18/2009
St. Anthony of Padua 02/26/2009