In the school of Mary, says St. John Paul II, we are "led to contemplate the beauty on the face of Christ and to experience the depths of his love." Mary--refuge of sinners, help of the sick, cause of our joy--is the model for all believers.
The Manual for Marian Devotion will deepen your relationship with Mary and, in doing so, draw you closer to her Son.
Part One, “Preparing for Marian Devotion,” answers the following questions:
• What is Mary's place in God's plan? Why is she so important?
• What has the Church taught about Mary?
• How has Marian devotion changed history?
• How should I cultivate devotion to Mary?
Part Two, “Aids for Marian Devotion,” provides these essential resources:
• inspiration for Marian devotion from the Scriptures and the saints
• excerpts from Church documents addressing Mary's role
• accounts of Marian miracles and messages through the ages
• Marian prayers and hymns from the Church's rich liturgical and devotional patrimony
• Marian poetry
The Manual for Marian Devotion is designed to be small enough to travel with you everywhere: use it to nourish your love of Mary with the Scriptures and stories of the saints, and turn to its prayers throughout the day.
The Dormition Fast in the Eastern Churches 07/31/2009
Fr. Vincent Capodanno - Priest of Heroic Virtue 06/01/2009
Feast of the Holy Trinity 02/26/2009
The Seven Capital Virtues 01/06/2009
St. Thomas Aquinas 01/06/2009
A Resource Guide to Books by Pope Benedict XVI 11/25/2008
Learn About Mary 11/24/2008
Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary 11/20/2008
Learn About the Church Fathers 11/13/2008
St. Albert the Great 11/04/2008