This is a preorder item. It should ship
Back order now. Ships within 8-11 Business Days .
Excerpts from the Roman Missal (also known informally as the “Book of the Chair”) represents a worthy and welcome solution to a commonly voiced concern: The Roman Missal 0is a large and heavy book, difficult for altar servers (who are often children) to hold for the celebrant and to carry around the sanctuary.
Developed by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops and approved by the Vatican, Excerpts includes only those texts of the Missal that are used by the celebrant at the chair.
The resulting volume is approximately half the size of the full Missal. The Liturgical Press edition of Excerpts is published with the same high quality and standards as our Roman Missal. It features:
• a rich, durable, deep-red cloth cover embellished with Christ enthroned, rendered in a distinguished, bold style and foil stamped in gold and silver;
• beautiful illustrations by renowned liturgical artist, Br. Martin Erspamer, OSB;
• prayer texts set in readable, easy-to-proclaim type on natural ivory quality paper;
• three sturdy grosgrain ribbon bookmarks to enhance ease-of-use by celebrants;
• gilded page edges that further esteem the text visually.
A Guide to Stations of the Cross 01/17/2012
Catholic Book Publishing Chapel Missal Review 10/29/2011
World Library Publications Roman Missal Review 10/27/2011
Review of the Liturgical Press Roman Missal 10/25/2011
Review of the Magnificat Roman Altar Missal 10/15/2011
How to Choose a Catholic Missal 08/19/2011
First Saturday: A Devotion to the Immaculate Heart 08/10/2011
Exclusive New Roman Missal Resource 03/02/2011
Take 10%-25% off Roman Missals and Free Holy Cards 03/02/2011
Titles in the Catholic Church 01/06/2009