Why Do Catholics Do That?: A Guide to the Teachings and Practices of the Catholic Church
Eligible for $3.99 shipping to Continental US.
- Additional information
Kevin Orlin Johnson, Ph.D.
In Why Do Catholics Do That?,renowned scholar and religion columnist Kevin Orlin Johnson answers the most frequently asked questions on Catholic faith, worship, culture, and customs, including:
- How the Church Makes Laws
- The Hard-Fought Genesis of the New Testament
- The Cycle of Redemption
- A Short Guide to the Meaning and Structure of the Mass
- Decoding Symbols of Scripture and the Sacraments
- The Calendar as the Image of Christ's Life
- The Rosary
- The Stations of the Cross
- Monks, Nuns, and the Rules that Guide Them
- The Pope
- The Laity in the Modern World
- Fatima, Lourdes, and the Story of Apparitions
- The Vatican: A Holy City
- The Sign of the Cross, Christianity's Best-Known Symbol
- Candles in Prayer and Liturgy
- The Meaning of the Nativity Scene
Why Do Catholics Do That? blends religious history and a deep appreciation for art with an enlightened reverence for tradition. This is the definitive resource for all who wish to better understand the rituals and symbols of the Catholic faith.
|Dimensions||0.563 × 5.5 × 8.25 in|
Year of the Eucharist 2005