United States Catholic Catechism for Adults
Available on backorder
The United States Catholic Catechism for Adults (USCCA), the new best-seller from the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, is the guide for Catholics who seek to deepen their Catholic faith as well as those coming into the faith.
Who is the USCCA for?
The USCCA is for Catholic adults, especially:
- Catechumens and Candidates in RCIA
- Small faith communities
- Men's and women's groups
- College and university students
How can a parish or individual use the USCCA?
The USCCA can be used in many different ways including:
- As part of a parish's program for the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
- For ongoing adult faith formation and catechesis
- For daily or weekly personal reflection and renewal
- As a reference to become acquainted with Catholicism
What is in the USCCA?
Each of the 36 chapters in the USCCA are organized into seven sections.
- Story of Lesson of Faith
- Teaching: It's Foundation and Application
- Relationship of Catholic Teaching to the Culture
- Questions for Discussion
- Doctrinal Statements
- Meditation and Prayer
How does the USCCA differ from the Catechism of the Catholic Church?
The USCCA and the Catechism are companion books. The USCCA is based on the Catechism, using it as the source for the sections on Catholic teaching and doctrine. But the USCCA contains more than statements about the faith – it includes discussion questions, meditations, and prayers to help the reader discover their faith in new and deeper ways.