Sex Au Naturel: What It Is And Why It's Good For Your Marriage
During the time of Jesus Christ, neither he nor his apostles would have had the term “priest” applied to their mission or identity. The priesthood was exclusive to the tribe of Levi and at that time was associated primarily with their sacrificial liturgies in the temple. But with Christ’s death on the Cross, a new understanding of Christ as priest began to grow in light of his priestly self-sacrifice. The Catholic Priesthood: Biblical Foundations by Fr. Thomas Lane highlights the Scriptural evidence indicating that Christ’s intention was to establish a New Covenant priesthood that he would share with his apostles and their successors.
Out of stock
Sex Au Naturel: What It Is and Why It’s Good For Your Marriage by Catholic Answers Live host Patrick Coffin.
With humor and enthusiasm—and a total absence of moralizing—you’ll learn:
- Why Paul VI’s landmark 1968 encyclical was widely rejected a generation ago and why it’s gaining new respectability now
- Where exactly the Bible teaches against birth control
- The differences between contraception and natural family planning (hint: they’re more profound than you think)
- The meaning of the natural law and how it applies to birth control
- How the dogma of the Blessed Trinity implicit condemns birth control
- That every single Protestant denomination rejected birth control until 1930
- Why the myth of overpopulation is used against the Church, and how to answer it
- How faithful adherence to the teaching of Humanae Vitae is causally related to marital happiness and longevity
- Why it’s not too late to start over, even if you’ve been sterilized
- How to rely on the ever-present grace of God rather than your own strength in faithfully following this challenging, life-giving aspect of Christian discipleship
- Much, much more!