Sacraments in Scripture: Salvation History Made Present delves into the biblical foundation of the sacraments, the seven masterpieces of God's love. Tim gray guides readers through the Gospels, showing Christ's deliberate acts to inaugurate these sacred signs of the New Covenant. With review questions at the end of each chapter, this study is ideal for both group and individual study, and is perfect for learning how to answer contemporary objections to the sacraments.
Imprimatur: Gilbert Sheldon, D.D. D.Min, Bishop of Steubenville.
"This fine little book will open to you the ancient meaning of the sacraments which the Church has kept alive to this day. In the sacraments Christ Himself ministers to us through the Church. This book will be an excellent antidote to watered-down versions of sacramental theology."
– Fr. Benedict J. Groeschel, C.F.R.
"No doubt, you will leave Sacraments in Scripture – as I did – empowered for a richer experience of the liturgy. But, as time goes on, you'll notice something more. After reading this book, your experience of the sacraments will, in turn, empower you for a richer reading of the Scriptures."
– Dr. Scott Hahn
"Sacraments in Scripture is an excellent tool for deepening one's understanding of the mystery of Christ's abiding presence with us through the sacraments … I commend this book for the catechesis of young people and adults. It is an excellent tool for studying an essential part of the Church's teaching on the sacraments."
– Most Rev. Raymond L. Burke, Bishop of La Crosse
- Chapter 1 – Sacraments in Scripture
- Chapter 2 – Sacrament of Baptism
- Chapter 3 – Sacrament of Confirmation
- Chapter 4 – Sacrament of the Eucharist
- Chapter 5 – Sacrament of Penance and Reconciliation
- Chapter 6 – Sacrament of the Anointing of the Sick
- Chapter 7 – Sacrament of Holy Orders
- Chapter 8 – Sacrament of Marriage