Renowned scholar Dr. Tim Gray masterfully guides you through the tumultuous and inspiring life of Peter–from his call to discipleship to his eventual martyrdom in Rome. Using Sacred Scripture and tradition, Dr. Gray highlights these important lessons from Peter's life, including:
- How to become a trusting disciple and "cast into the deep"
- The pitfalls of living discipleship at a distance and the eventual denial that will come
- How to recover from sin and accept God's mercy
- How to become a bold witness to others of the love of Jesus
- Come to better know, love, and follow Jesus through the Rock on whom he built his Church.
"Tim Gray strolls through Scripture, walking alongside Peter, a great Apostle and model disciple. As you read, you will be caught up in the drama and glean insights and instruction for your daily life."
— Steve Ray, Author of Upon this Rock: Peter and the Primacy of Rome in Scripture and the Early Church
"Dr. Gray weaves together the scriptural, traditional, and archaeological evidence of the life of Peter–giving us a deep personal insight into the head Apostle–as if we are really there."
— Fr. Robert Spitzer, Author of 5 Pillars of Catholic Spirituality and Finding True Happiness
"A Scripture scholar, expert on the Holy Land, and well acquainted with history and art, Tim Gray illustrates how everything in Peter's life points to the most important thing in all of life: intimacy and association with Jesus."
— Curtis Martin, Founder of FOCUS