Our Heavenly Father Student Text: Faith And Life Series: Grade 1
Available on backorder
The student textbook lessons incorporate the four principal components of catechesis: the Creed, the Commandments, the Sacraments and Liturgy, Prayer and Scripture. But besides giving a clear and comprehensive presentation of our faith, the student textbook is rich in artwork, both original and classical.
THEME: Introduction to the Trinity, with emphasis on the life of Jesus, the plan of salvation, and the child's part in the plan. Acquaints child with Mary, angels and saints. Child learns basic prayers.
SEQUENCE: Ch.1-8: The Old Testament, God our creator; our home in Heaven lost through original sin; the world prepares for the Savior.
Ch. 9-21: The Incarnation, life, death, and Resurrection of Jesus.
Ch. 22-28: The Holy Spirit, the Church, and Mary our mother.
AIM: To give the first grade student a basic introduction to God, the life of our Savior, and to prayer, with a special emphasis on growing to know, love, and trust God.
The new FAITH AND LIFE religion series is being hailed as a new breakthrough in the field of religious education. It is a comprehensive Catholic program that combines beautiful classical and original artwork with a solid doctrinal and Scriptural presentation in an easy to read and stimulating format that is being praised by teachers, students and parents everywhere.
SPECIAL FEATURES OF FAITH AND LIFE
- Clear, comprehensive and interesting presentation of the Catholic Faith, tailored for the different grade levels, with a foundational emphasis on Scripture and Vatican II.
- Quotations from Scripture, the liturgy, Church documents and the saints highlight important points in each lesson.
- Inspirational classical and original artwork and photographs connect the lessons to the life of Christ and of the Christian.
- Questions and answers at the end of the chapters help review vital material and aid retention.
- Helpful supplementary sections include: Prayers and Devotions, Liturgical and Seasonal Life of the Church, Words to Know.
- Follows guidelines laid out by the General Catechetical Directory, Pope John Paul II's "Catechesi Tradendae", and the U.S. National Catechetical Directory.
The lessons in FAITH AND LIFE incorporate the four principal components of catechesis–the Creed, the Commandments, the Sacraments and Liturgy, Prayer and Scripture.
Throughout the series, every aspect of Christian life is addressed:
- What we believe (the Creed)
- What we do (the Commandments)
- The means to our end (Sacraments and Liturgy)
- What we hope for (Prayer and Scripture)
The FAITH AND LIFE Activity Books, designed for use in the home or classroom, provide creative activities for review and reinforcement of each lesson. Through carefully developed and selected activities, the emphasis is on understanding and putting into practice the teachings of Christ in everyday life.