Deepen Your Understanding of the Church's Liturgy
In an exceptional combination of one of the most ancient forms of Scripture study with the history, theology, and scriptural perspective of the Eucharistic liturgy, Stephen Binz leads us on an incredible journey of enlightenment and appreciation.
Using the new translation of the Roman Missal, Binz explores the biblical foundation of each element of the Mass, offering 30 lessons to deepen love for the Eucharist, moving readers through study, reflection, prayer, and action.
Lectio divina, the ancient practice of Scripture immersion, is at the heart of this process. Combined with the tradition and scholarship of the Church, it explores complex topics with sequential steps of study, meditation, and internalization. Specifically, every chapter leads you forward through a sequence of:
- Listening — Reading Scripture with expectancy, trusting that God will speak His Word to us through it
- Understanding — Seeking to comprehend the meaning of the text, encountering God there and being changed by that encounter
- Reflecting — Linking the truth of the Scriptures to the experience of faith in the world in which we live
- Praying — A dialogue with God: we listen to God, then we respond in prayer
- Acting — After prayerfully listening to God through a passage of Scripture, we should be inspired to make a difference in the way we live
The Lectio Divina Bible Study series is suitable for parish, small group, or individual use.