The 20th volume in the popular Bible study series leads readers through a penetrating study of the Books of Judges and Ruth using the biblical text itself and the Church's own guidelines for understanding the Bible.
Ample notes accompany each page, providing fresh insights by renowned Bible teachers Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch, as well as time-tested interpretations from the Fathers of the Church. They provide rich historical, cultural, geographical or theological information pertinent to the Old Testament book – information that bridges the distance between the biblical world and our own.
It also includes Topical Essays, Word Studies and Charts. The Topical Essays explore the major themes of Judges and Ruth, often relating them to the teachings of the Church. The Word Studies explain the background to important Bible terms, while the Charts summarize crucial biblical information "at a glance".
POINTS OF INTEREST
• Easy-to-use annotations, essays and outlines
• Includes profound and practical commentary by highly-regarded Scott Hahn and Curtis Mitch
• Classical methods of biblical interpretation are combined with the best of contemporary Catholic scholarship
• Outstanding study aids and special features
• Excellent for personal devotion, and private and group study
• The text is the Revised Standard Version, Second Catholic Edition
PRAISE FOR the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible
“With copious historical and theological notes, incisive commentary and tools for study, the Ignatius Catholic Study Bible is outstanding for private devotion, personal study and Bible study groups. It is excellent for evangelization and apologetics as well!”
— Stephen Ray, Host ,The Footprints of God series
“The Ignatius Study Bible is a triumph of both piety and scholarship, in the best Catholic tradition: simply the most useful succinct commentary that any Christian or other interested person could hope for.”
— Erasmo Leiva, Author, Fire of Mercy, Heart of the Word