Dr. Scott Hahn — (6 CD Set)
How important are the seven sacraments of the Catholic Church? Are they merely symbols of God’s love or channels of His grace in the lives of believers today? What is “God’s honest truth” about Baptism, Confirmation, the Eucharist, Confession, Anointing of the Sick, Holy Orders and Matrimony?
Adventure Of Discovery
In the 6-CD series, Growth by Oath: The Seven Sacraments, you’ll join Catholic theologian and best-selling author Dr. Scott Hahn on an adventure of discovery that will make this familiar territory seem brand new. As you share his journey from the simply symbolic Protestant understanding of the sacraments to the traditional teaching of the Fathers of the Church, you’ll discover new insights into the sacraments that will inspire, enlighten and inform you as never before, even if you’re a lifelong Catholic.
You’ll learn how the Catholic understanding of a sacrament is based on the biblical concept of swearing an oath (sacramentum in Latin). And how, in biblical times, parties to covenants would swear a sacred oath, offer a sacrifice and share a meal, all elements contained in the Catholic sacraments today.
Far from later additions to Christian worship as some Protestants claim, Dr. Hahn demonstrates that the sacraments are solidly based in Scripture and, how they have always been a crucial part of the belief and practice of the Church.
A Perfect Companion
A wonderful example of the clear, popular teaching style that has opened the depths of Catholic theology to laypeople around the world via live conferences, radio and television, Growth by Oath is also the original source for Dr. Hahn’s best selling book Swear to God: The Promise and Power of the Sacraments.
You’ll rediscover the richness of the seven sacraments as the most beautiful gifts that Jesus Christ gave to the Church, and how He endowed them with His own power to change lives, save souls, and share His own Divine life with us. Order now and begin to experience anew the power of the sacraments.
- How Christ’s solemn oath, by which Christians become the sons and daughters of God, is expressed in seven specific sacramental oaths
- Where to look in the Bible for evidence of the sacraments as signs of God’s covenant with humanity
- How the necessity of the sacraments can be clearly seen in the teaching of Jesus Himself
- Why the sacraments are more than mere rituals
- How Jesus Christ swore an oath to establish a New Covenant to bind the Christian community to Himself
- Why God’s covenants with Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, and David were the driving forces in historyand how Jesus came to fulfill all these covenants
- How the sacraments are the ordinary means by which God directs the course of our lives and all of Salvation History
- And much more