Discipline: Teaching Limits With Love English
Availability: In stock
Hosted by Dr. T. Berry Brazelton
Discipline-setting limits-is one of the most difficult challenges parents face. In this video, Dr. T. Berry Brazelton, America's foremost pediatrician, shows parents that setting limits is not punishment, but a loving way to teach a child how to control his or her own behavior.
Included is information on:
- Why a child actually looks for limits
- Techniques for setting effective limits from the start
- Why a firm but gentle approach is the most effective
- Managing your own emotions and avoiding physical punishment
- Why the limits children learn in their first few years build a foundation for the rest of their lives
PRAISE FOR THE I AM YOUR CHILD SERIES
"In 15 years of evaluating parenting materials, I have never seen anything as effective at helping new parents understand how they can raise healthy children."
~ Linda Neuhauser, DrPH, Clinical professor – U.C. Berkeley School of Public Health