A Biblical Defense of Catholicism: by Dave Armstrong
Out of stock
Scriptures (RSV) fully cited (with bolded verse numbers) and indented
17-page Bibliography of Recommended Apologetics Books
Foreword by the late Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J., renowned catechist and theologian
Many lengthy citations from great Catholic writers such as Cardinal Newman, Karl Adam, St. Francis de Sales, Cardinal Gibbons, Ludwig Ott, Fulton Sheen, and G.K. Chesterton
Conveniently cross-referenced to many specifically related passages from the Catechism of the Catholic Church
Index of Proper Names [PDF version only; not in the paperback]
Scripture Index (TONS of references!) [PDF version only; not in the paperback]
My original, non-edited 1996 manuscript (slightly different from the current paperback edition)
Table of Contents
Foreword: Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J
1. Bible and Tradition: Maintain the Traditions . . .
2. Justification: Faith Apart From Works is Barren
3. Development of Doctrine: He Will Teach You . . .
4. The Eucharist: This is My Body
5. The Sacrifice of the Mass: A Lamb . . . Slain
6. The Communion of Saints: All Who Are In Christ
7. Purgatory: . . . Saved, But Only As Through Fire [most of chapter posted online]
8. Penance: . . . Share Christ's Sufferings (online excerpt: indulgences)
9. The Blessed Virgin Mary: Hail, Full of Grace (online excerpt: perpetual virginity of Mary)
10. The Papacy and Infallibility: Keys of the Kingdom
Appendix 1:The "Perspicuity" (Clearness) of Scripture
Appendix 2: The Visible, Hierarchical, Apostolic Church
Appendix 3: The Historical Case for the "Apocrypha"
Appendix 4: The Biblical Basis for Clerical Celibacy
Appendix 5: A Dialogue on Infant Baptism
Appendix 6: A Dialogue on Liturgy and "Vain Worship"
Recommended Catholic Apologetic and Historical Works
Index of Scriptures
Index of Proper Names