- When they say get there 90 minutes before your flight, they mean it. I was 50 minutes early and with all the security stuff made it on to the plane five minutes before takeoff.
- The security agent who is incomprehensible 30 feet away doesn't get any more coherent when you get closer. I think she said something about putting all your guns in separate bins on the conveyor belt but I can't be sure.
- “At least its a DRY heat” really takes on new meaning going from 90 degrees and 10% humidity in Colorado to 100 degrees and 80% humidity in Phildelphia.
- Those “fragile” notes you put on boxes? Sometimes they work! When I got to the bagage claim, a baggage handler rode up the ramp and onto the conveyor belt with my “fragile” computer monitor box to make sure it didn't tip over or get squashed by other bags. A big round of applause for Delta Airlines!
- When you step onto a plane that could fit in your garage and think “I don't think I've ever been on a plane this small”, God will display his sense of humor by making your connecting flight about half the size.
- Always go for the exit row. The seat space from Cincinnati to Philadelphia in the exit row was almost claustraphobic. I can't imagine what the regular seats were like.
- “Departing on time” means that you leave the gate on time, not that you take off on time.
- Colorado Springs is one of the few airports with free wireless internet access.
- I recommend reading both 1776 and Good to Great for in -flight relaxation. The first is a very engaging history of George Washington and the first year of the American Revolution. The second is a study of how companies can go from being typical to outstanding.
If you have a store, you really should consider attending this show. It is the ONLY exclusively Catholic venue to meet vendors. Don't even think about going to Christian retailing shows if you are a Catholic store. I went to the Christian Retail Convention in Denver and amidst the hundreds of booths, there were only five Catholic ones.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- The Feast of St. Simon and St. Jude, Apostles and Martyrs, is October 28 - October 28, 2018
- October 18 is the Feast of Saint Luke, the Evangelist - October 18, 2018
- October 4 is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi - October 4, 2018