I'm sure that manufacturers who can actually afford this ridiculous testing WON'T be passing along these costs to consumers.
What this law is not:
- This law does not just apply to toys
- This law does not just apply to stuff from China
- This law does not just apply to mass-produced products
- This law does not have any exceptions except for thrift stores
- This law does not exempt the one-of-a-kind dress you sell
- This law does not exempt you from testing even if all your components are certified safe
Call your congressmen. Call the Consumer Protection Safety Commission. It's unlikely they will help, but you can try.