“[Communication] should be used to promote the True, the Good and the Beautiful” – Pope Benedict XVI
The world is a “digital continent”.
All kinds of social mediums that we should be using to promote the Gospel – Twitter, Facebook, Blogs, RSS, etc.
But what about the people who aren't into all this stuff? What about those who aren't going to get past email and blogs? How do we meet these people?
How can we combine all these technologies into a unified, open network that people can access from one easy place?
How can Catholic business tie in to the creation of a “Catholic Cloud”?
A possible start in this direction – FlockNote. You subscribe to feeds you want and choose where you want to receive them. Posting all happens within FlockNote.
Characteristics of a Catholic Cloud:
- Brings together and unifies efforts
- Built on the structure of the Church
- Builds on itself to help community
- Integrates with, doesn't replace existing technology
- Easy to use
- Totally, faithfully Catholic
- Adapts to new technology
- Open API
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- The Feast of St. Simon and St. Jude, Apostles and Martyrs, is October 28 - October 28, 2018
- October 18 is the Feast of Saint Luke, the Evangelist - October 18, 2018
- October 4 is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi - October 4, 2018