Several of our vendors didn't really appreciate being informed of the new Consumer Product Safety Improvement Act. They accused us of being alarmist, fear mongering and wrong.
After talking to some other Catholic stores it appears that these vendors are telling other Catholic stores that we are a bunch of trouble makers that are making their companies have to work harder now that they are being flooded with calls from stores wondering about compliance.
Let me get this straight:
- We find out about a draconian new law that could put a bunch of honest people out of business.
- We research the law and find out that it is as bad as people are saying.
- In the interest of supporting our industry we take days out of our regular business to inform our vendors and competing Catholic stores about the problem so that they aren't caught unawares on February 10th.
- We deal with followup calls from stores wanting more details.
- We post a special section on our website to track compliance to SAVE OUR VENDORS FROM HAVING TO FIELD HUNDREDS OF CALLS.
- We are now the bad guys for not ignoring the law and letting others in our industry be put out of business by the horrible fines that the law mandates.
I don't get it.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- The Feast of St. Simon and St. Jude, Apostles and Martyrs, is October 28 - October 28, 2018
- October 18 is the Feast of Saint Luke, the Evangelist - October 18, 2018
- October 4 is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi - October 4, 2018