G.K. Chesterton's birthday was last week. I found a couple of quotes about his praise of beer. I also noticed that two Catholic authors both published books this month that involved drinking. Hmmmmm.
This week I interviewed Denise Bossert about her new book, Gifts of the Visitation – Nine Spiritual Encounters With Mary and Elizabeth.
Denise's does a wonderful job of describing her conversion and relating it to Mary's journey to visit Elizabeth. She also explains how to bring yourself closer to holiness through her reflections on Mary's personal qualities.
Links from the show:
- Gifts of the Visitation – Nine Spiritual Encounters With Mary and Elizabeth.
- Denise Bossert's website
- Drinking with the Saints
- The Catholic Drinkie's Guide to Home Brewed Evangelism
He lives with his lovely wife and eleven kids in northern Colorado.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- St. Margaret Mary Alacoque and the Sacred Heart - October 16, 2018
- Our Lady's Victory at the Battle of Lepanto - October 7, 2018
- A Guide to Catholic Books and Bibles: Tips on Teaching Children about Catholicism - October 6, 2018