This really is a logical progression if you accept the basic premise and believe that people are just an especially toxic kind of animal:
1) Global warming is bad.
2) People cause global warming.
3) Fewer people = less global warming.
4) People should have fewer children.
5) People who don't buy the gospel of environmentalism willingly should be fined for having more than two kids.
6) The Catholic Church should be suppressed.
7) People who still don't learn their lesson should be forcefully sterilized or forced to have abortions.
The interesting thing about this article is that the unstated end goal of the group publishing the report is a complete eradication of the human race. The head scientist, John Guillebaud, co-chairman of OPT and emeritus professor of family planning at University College London (are you surprised?), says that people should have no more than two children per couple. Since it takes more than two children to maintain a stable population he obviously wants the mankind to completely disappear.
The most disturbing thing about these environmentalists is that they never see having children as a good thing. No thought is given to the possibility that one of these little polluters may come up with a way to clean up the environment or cure cancer or some other wonderful thing. Children are ALWAYS seen as a problem.
Fortunately, we have allies in this battle. NARAL and NOW will surely support the rights those who want to have more than two children. After all, they are all about choice.
If you have any doubt about the progression of thought on this, take a gander at the discussion going on over at Netscape about this article.
All hail Moloch.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- The Feast of St. Simon and St. Jude, Apostles and Martyrs, is October 28 - October 28, 2018
- October 18 is the Feast of Saint Luke, the Evangelist - October 18, 2018
- October 4 is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi - October 4, 2018