Thanks to Happy Catholic, we have been memed for the first time since we started this blog. Is that a milestone? I would invite my staff to answer this as well.
1. One book that changed your life:
Staring into Chaos – This disturbing book from Spence Publishing is a study of the decline of the West through the lense of past civilizations' falls.
2. One book that you've read more than once:
If I say the Lord of the Rings can I count that as one book?
3. One book you'd want on a desert island:
Castaway. Just kidding! I would want the Silmarillion because it is such a rich collection of “history”.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Why did they have to mess up the movie so badly?
5. One book that made you cry:
Real men don't cry! Okay, Lord of the World by Msgr. Hugh Benson.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
“A Faithful Catholic's Guide to the Way the Catholic Hierarchy Really Works.”
If you were in the military and have never dealt with the Hierarchy before, you aren't going to like it. For instance, that clear chain of command you are used to? Gone. That instant obedience to superiors? Gone. That quick discipline towards troublemakers? Gone. In fact, if you are used to the military, we recommend staying as far away from anything that has an official Church title in order to avoid becoming disillusioned about the whole mess.
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The Celistine Prophecy. Acck. Phpbbbb. Bleh.
8. One book you're currently reading:
1776 by David McCullough
9. One book you've been meaning to read:
The Catechism. I know, I know.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- October 18 is the Feast of Saint Luke, the Evangelist - October 18, 2018
- October 4 is the Feast of St. Francis of Assisi - October 4, 2018
- The Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux is October 1st - October 1, 2018