Divine Mercy Sunday
EXPLORE AQUINAS & MORE
Learn more about the Catholic faith...
From the blog:
- The Wisdom of John Paul II: Pentecost Sunday and the Eucharist“When the day of Pentecost had come, they were all together in one place. And suddenly a sound came from heaven like the rush of a mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared to them tongues as of fire, distributed and resting on each one of […]
- A Most Admirable Life – St. Philip Neri“Give me ten men really detached from the world, and I have the heart to believe I could convert the world with them.” – St. Philip Neri Too many people have yet to hear about St. Philip, a man of both simplicity and remarkable effectiveness in preaching the Gospel and leading souls to Our Lord. […]
- Saint Rita, patroness of difficult marriagesAt an early age, Rita of Cascia begged her parents to allow her to enter a convent. However, her parents instead arranged a marriage for her when she was only twelve years old...
- Saint Isidore, Patron of FarmersSt. Isidore was born in about 1070 to a poor, but devout family. At a very young age, Isidore hired himself out as a farmer to a wealthy Madrilenian landowner named Juan de Vargas.
- Monthly Catholic Devotions of the Church YearEach month of the year is dedicated to a particular devotion within the Catholic faith; the dedication of each month is based on historical events or a particular aspect of the liturgical calendar, or a combination of the two. These monthly Catholic devotions do not line up exactly with the time frame of the liturgical […]
- The Feast of Saint Joseph the WorkerWhile not much is said of Joseph in the bible, there is still much we can learn from this incredible saint.