Devotion to the Sacred Heart is a wonderful historical expression of the Church's piety for Christ, her Spouse and Lord: it calls for a fundamental attitude of conversion and reparation, of love and gratitude, apostolic commitment and dedication to Christ and His saving work.
Next Friday, June 15th, is the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. There are two things that must always be found together in the devotion to the Sacred Heart: Christ's Heart of flesh and Christ's love for us. True devotion to the Sacred Heart means devotion to the Divine Heart of Christ insofar as His Heart represents and recalls His love for us.
There are several different novenas to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. You can begin the 9-day devotion today and end it on the Solemnity.
Here, we offer links to the various ones:
Are you interested in increasing your devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus? You can discover Sacred Heart prayercards, medals and medallions, statues, rosaries, scapulars, and chaplets, and even artwork.
Love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus is wonderful. Did you know that there are 12 promises of the Sacred Heart for those who are faithfully devoted?
1. I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. I will be their refuge in life and especially in death.
5. I will abundantly bless all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in my Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall rise speedily to great perfection.
9. I will bless those places wherein the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and venerated.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Persons who propagate this devotion shall have their names eternally written in my Heart.
12. In the excess of the mercy of my Heart, I promise you that my all powerful love will grant to all those who will receive Communion on the First Fridays, for nine consecutive months, the grace of final repentance: they will not die in my displeasure, nor without receiving the sacraments; and my Heart will be their secure refuge in that last hour.
Of course, you can pray the Novena any nine days of the year, but if you start today, you will end on the Solemnity of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.