Tradition holds that when Mary gave the Rosary to St. Dominic and Blessed Alan de la Roche that she made 15 promises to those who devoutly pray the Rosary. These promises are:
- Whosoever shall faithfully serve me by the recitation of the Rosary shall receive signal graces.
- I promise my special protection and the greatest graces to all those who shall recite the Rosary.
- The Rosary shall be a powerful armor against hell, it will destroy vice, decrease sin and defeat heresies.
- It will cause good works to flourish; it will obtain for souls the abundant mercy of God; it will withdraw the hearts of men from the love of the world and its vanities, and will lift them to the desire for Eternal Things. Oh, that souls would sanctify themselves by this means.
- The soul which recommends itself to me by the recitation of the Rosary shall not perish.
- Whosoever shall recite the Rosary devoutly, applying himself to the consideration of its Sacred Mysteries shall never be conquered by misfortune. God will not chastise him in His justice, he shall not perish by an unprovided death; if he be just he shall remain in the grace of God, and become worthy of Eternal Life.
He lives with his lovely wife and eleven kids in northern Colorado.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- History of Devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary - August 17, 2017
- What You Don’t Know About the Assumption - August 15, 2017
- Feast of Saint Dominic, Founder of the Dominican Order - August 8, 2017