One of the things we have always believed at Aquinas and More is that just selling stuff is a pretty lousy mission for a Catholic bookstore. If we as a store aren’t actively helping Catholics to get more out of their Faith and helping non-Catholics to understand what Catholicism is about then we might as well be selling car parts.
We have been hard at work putting together a series of Lenten articles (we’re not done yet) that I want to highlight.
- Shrovetide – What Fat Tuesday really is. (It has nothing to do with gluttony)
- Why are there 40 days in Lent?
- Ash Wednesday and the history of ashes
- The Seven Last Words of Christ (There are more than seven)
- Henry II – fan of Pontius Pilate
- The Legend of the True Cross (Christ wasn’t the only one to drag it through Jerusalem)
- Christ descended into Hell (or not)
- Passion Sunday (It ain’t what it used to be)
- The events of Christ’s Passion
We hope you enjoy these and the other 300 Catholic articles we have written about Catholic traditions, liturgy and products.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- October 18 is the Feast of St. Luke, the Evangelist - October 18, 2016
- A Cross Grown from Adam’s Mouth - September 14, 2016
- The Feast of the Golden-Mouthed Father of the Church - September 13, 2016