Okay folks, it's time for a little grassroots action. The movie, Bella, won the People's Choice Award at the Toronto Film Festival this year but may never make it into theaters.It's a movie with a pro-life, pro-family message that uplifts without devolving into sappy religiosity. The bishop of Colorado Springs (Thank you, Bishop Sheridan!) sponsored a screening of the film yesterday here in Colorado Springs and the director spoke after the screening.The director is a Catholic and had quite a story of faith to tell about the whole production process and the actors involved.
To get the movie into theaters they are going to need a commitment for at least 4,000 tickets in a city.
You can download free promotional stuff here. You can get banners, trailers, desktop wallpaper and articles.
You may also want to pay a visit to the official Bella site as well. Watch the interview with Eduardo Verastegui, the star who walked away from the pinnacle of Mexican Hollywood to do something meaningful with his life.
So apart from buying tickets, what can you do?
- Call your local theaters and ask if they are going to be running Bella.
- If you're a blogger, write about this movie on your site.
- Submit this post to Digg, Delicious and various other sites using the buttons below the trailer so the word gets out to more people.
- Ask your parish to sponsor a theater.
- Put out fliers at work.
Here's the trailer:
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- Love endures all things . . and never fails. St. Valentine's Day is February 14. - February 14, 2017
- The Tenth Day of Christmas – The Holy Name of Jesus - January 3, 2017
- The Fifth Day of Christmas – Feast of St. Thomas Becket - December 29, 2016