Do you struggle
to hear God’s voice?
Do you want to love God
more deeply, but don’t know how?
Do you find yourself serving
God solely out of a sense of duty?
Sometimes we feel that we could never reach the heights of holy love that built the great cathedrals and fired the martyrs to give their lives for the Lord.
But in Awakening Your Soul to the Presence of God, Fr. Kilian Healy—who was once the superior general of the Carmelite order worldwide—says that indeed you can, and should, develop this kind of love for God.
Clearly and warmly, Fr. Healy explains that God is constantly calling you to intimate friendship with him. In this beautiful book—brief enough to be read in one sitting yet with enough spiritual depth to last a lifetime—he details how you can develop your friendship with God even amid the cares and distractions of your daily life.
Here you’ll find simple, practical ways to think of God continuously, to converse with Him intimately, and to please Him at all times.
You’ll learn to see God in creation and to hear Him when He speaks to you (as He’s doing right now, even as you read this line).
Finally, you’ll discover how to offer each day to God in concrete and fruitful ways, and to seek Him always.
With Fr. Healy’s help, you’ll master these and other secrets of the holy ones—secrets that will raise your heart exultantly to God and will help you to welcome Him more fully into your soul.
Your soul will awaken to the presence of God in a myriad of ways as you learn:
- How you can live with God at every moment by making use of the visible and commonplace things around you
- Three ways you can offer God everything in your life—and begin to experience the marvelous effects of doing so
- The one thing you must do, or you will never develop genuine intimacy with God
- The secret way of love for God that leads quickly and directly to divine intimacy—even if you’ve prayed fruitlessly for years
- How you can become more aware of God’s dwelling within you—and see the events of your life the way He sees them
- And much more that will help you walk continuously and joyfully in the presence of our loving God!
“A perfect book for any serious person earnestly seeking to grow in the spiritual life.”Fr. Benedict Groeschel
He lives with his lovely wife and eleven kids in northern Colorado.