Rescued from the lost
traditions of our Catholic Faith . . .
A powerhouse of grace
that bridges Church and home . . .
Reclaimed in these
pages for the first time . . .
Keeping a prayer life with your family isn’t easy.
From herding distracted children to managing the endless litany of prayers and devotions, our spiritual life often feels frantic and burdensome.
This isn’t the way it should be!
Our prayer life and our family life should — and can! — be in harmony.
When they are, our family is a powerhouse of grace, and our home becomes a Little Eden — a little bit of heaven on earth.
With simplicity and holy wisdom, this book shows you how to bring peace to your home by integrating your family
into the calm, truly joyful way of Mother Church.
Thomas Howard calls this book “a rare treasure.”
Christopher West calls it “a superb guide.”
Joseph Pearce calls it “wonderful, inspiring, and deeply practical.”
In these pages, authors David Clayton and Leila Lawler help you reclaim the almost lost tradition of the little oratory.
Consisting of a modest table and icons, the little oratory is a visible sign of spiritual awareness and devotion . . .
. . . spiritually nourishing your family by extending the Eucharistic worship of the Mass into your home.
Building your own little oratory is simple, and in these pages you’ll discover just how easy it is.
In fact, you likely have most of the pieces in your home already — except, perhaps, the sacred art.
That’s why we’ve included in this book eight full-colored icons that are ready for framing.
Eight full-colored icons are included in The Little Oratory.
Here are just two of them:
Each icon can be easily removed from the book and is ready for framing!
By following the wise advice in this book, you’ll discover the peace and love that flow from a home that is focused on Christ.
You’ll also learn:
- How to overcome the feeling that you’re too busy to pray.
- How to use sacred art to strengthen your prayer life.
- How to extend Catholic beliefs and devotions into every room of the house.
- Why the Liturgy of the Hours is important and how it can make your family holy.
- How to pray the Rosary with children — and keep the rowdiest of them calm and reverent.
- The active role children can — and should — play in the prayer life of the family.
- What to do when only one parent takes the spiritual life seriously.
- Practical ways to extend the liturgical life into your workplace.
- And countless other tips to help you practice your faith in the heart of your home.
The Little Oratory:
A Beginner’s Guide to Praying in the Home
by David Clayton and Leila Marie Lawler
224 Pages — List Price: $19.95
He lives with his lovely wife and eleven kids in northern Colorado.
Latest posts by Ian (see all)
- What You Don’t Know About the Assumption - August 15, 2017
- Feast of Saint Dominic, Founder of the Dominican Order - August 8, 2017
- What do you know about Saint Ignatius? - July 31, 2017